Tuesday 3 August 2010

Today's healthy recipe - easy peasy and delicious lentil soup!

This is one of our faves, and even my 10 month old, whose preferred diet normally consists of mango and mango, likes it (I make it with baby friendly vegetable stock that is low sodium and gluten free)

1 tbsp olive oil
2 chopped medium onions
2 cups red lentils
2 tbsp tomato puree (or less/more to taste)
1L vegetable stock (I've found 1.2L works better as this soup is disastrous if it gets too dry)
parsley, cream and croutons to garnish (optional - I don't bother with these)

Fry the onions in the olive oil until soft/clear, then add the stock, lentils and puree and simmer for approx 20-25 minutes until the lentils are soft.  Pour into blender and blend for a few seconds only.  Serve immediately, adding the parsley, cream and croutons.

Yummmm! I'm always looking for good vegetarian soup recipes...anyone have any they'd like to share?

No comments: