Thursday 12 August 2010

Today's healthy recipe - vodka

That's right, you read it correctly.  Vodka.  Just a big old bottle of smirnoff or absolut or whatever cheap label you prefer, and a shot glass.  Or, if you've had as little sleep as I have these past few nights - just get a straw.

The Little Princess (who from here on in will be known as Quite Possibly the World's Worst Teether) has deemed no daytime or nighttime sleep required for the past three days and nights, thank you very much.  In all fairness to her sweet and adorable little soul, she is suffering with her 7th tooth and I curse the mother who recently told me "oh after the fifth tooth we never even noticed them coming in".  I feel terribly sorry for my poor little poppet, and as always try to keep my fatigue and impatience from showing to her, but I feel even sorrier for ME.  This is all about ME today.  Okay, I feel sorry for my husband too, but not as sorry as I feel for ME.

What would make me feel better? A one way ticket to an (adults only obviously) resort in Aruba, a shiny set of complete pearly whites for the Little Princesss, a massive triple layer calorie free chocolate cake that will not immediately settle on my ass and hips and more booze than is currently stocked in Amy Winehouse's basement. 

Tomorrow's healthy recipe will depend on how tonight goes.  It will either be A) homemade eggplant pizzas or B) moonshine with a side of heroin

Hope all the babies out there are faring better with the horrible thing that is teething! x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!!!! I hope Little Princess gets over this soon!
As for your health recipe, I've always found mixing vodka with Lemon Fanta to be a nice treat. = )

Anonymous said...

Actually, if you're trying to lose weight, clear spirits are usually the lowest-calorie option if you're drinking alcohol. So while I know you were being funny, there's a bit of truth in there, too!!