Thursday 5 August 2010

Fitness Update # 1

Ah, you may be saying, it's all well and good to be posting about The Little Princess, but how am I doing on my journey to achieve the body of Katie Price (but please god not her face or her perma orange skin tone)?  I hit the gym again yesterday and managed 3km in 30 minutes, as well as close to 10 minutes on the galileo vibration plate.  If you've not tried the galileo, I highly recommend hightailing it to your nearest gym - they are FAB.  I find them particularly useful for pain reduction as I have an ongoing right shoulder/neck injury that has proved resistant to most therapies so far.

Next up: starting the outdoor running this weekend (if you happen to be driving through Surrey in the coming days/weeks and spot a red faced and gasping woman curled over or seized up in pain while screaming like a banshee, be a good samaritan and toss a bottle of water or a family sized cadbury's bar out your car window)

Am also going to start resistance training this weekend when I have my first session with a trainer at my gym (who is hopefully, blonde, Scandinavian, 6'2 and called Sven) and really need to work on my core stability and fitness, which has never really recovered yet since having the Little Princess. 

Ah yes, and also need to invest in some new gear.  First on the list is new running shoes (have been recommended the brand Minuzo - any thoughts on this?) and a sports bra, and have been recommended the following, carried by John Lewis.  Going to check them both out this weekend and hopefully decide soon....

http://www.johnlewis.com/26471/Style.aspx

Happy exercising, whichever your sport/activity of choice!

1 comment:

LadyV said...

New Balance are the shoes worn by my running type chums.....If you're really into it, there's a shop in Woking that gets you on a treadmill to see how you run, and then recommend shoes to combat any foot rolling etc. How I know this is beyond me......I walk fast, occasionally.