Friday 6 August 2010

Running gear & Twitter!

Thanks to the suggestion by the fabulous LadyV, Little Princess and I headed for our local running shop this morning which does gait analysis for runners (thankfully the video playback does not show your butt, just your running strides!).   This involves running a few seconds on a treadmill while it's recorded and analyzed and then again whilst trying out various new shoes.  It was highly useful as my previous strategy for choosing any fitness gear was purely brand, fashion and colour based.  Definitely would recommend this analysis to any other new runner! Ended up with a highly comfortable adidas, which is not something I normally would have chosen based on previous strategy.  The bonus - £100 pounds off the normal price so I really couldn't complain!  I'm also kitted out with a fabulous New Balance running jacket to beat off that British drizzle as well as running socks, so I'm good to start the outdoor training.

The shop also acted as improptu babysitters for me as Little Princess decided that her usually comfortable Quinny Buzz was more like a Turkish prison cell today and she was having none of sitting patiently.  So I was able to have a good look around at the gear while she was carted around like the Queen of the shop by the owner while managing to completely mangle his sunglasses when his head was turned for all of two seconds.

Please do follow me on twitter (mummygetsyummy)...if I get 10 followers by the end of today (Friday) I will add an extra outdoor run to my schedule this week and head out tonight (looks like in the rain!)

Happy running!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss running :( If I could get a cartilage transplant ... I'd be out there in a heartbeat. It was really the only exercise I ever enjoyed (too much obviously)!
You GO Girl!!!