Tuesday 3 August 2010

Mother of the Year

I've had a day which has made me want to run screaming into the kitchen stuffing a family extra large size pack of double cream mint oreos down my throat!  The day started with the Little Princess falling over the edge of her cot onto the floor, followed by a fall off of our bed which sent us both into floods of tears and a wailing phone call to my poor husband.  Did the day get better? Well.... not exactly as I was putting groceries in the trunk (oopsss...boot) of the car and got quite a shock when I turned around and the Little Princess was rolling away across the parking lot while I was on the receiving end of several a dirty look and glares from fellow shoppers who no doubt were thinking I was a candidate for a phone call to the NSPCC.   I will be checking the post carefully for my Mother of the Year nomination. 

Note: I do feel slightly better after getting a facebook message from a friend who had managed to lock her keys and her son in her car in 40C heat.  Luckily all ended well but I fear she's just trying to steal my Mother of the Year award.

Pat on the back for me as I didn't stuff a single oreo down my throat (or pour myself anything alcoholic and calorie laden!)

Off to prepare dinner (baby potatoes, carrots, stuffed mushrooms and yoghurt with strawberries)

No comments: