Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Price I Paid for Being in a Rush....and Happy Anniversary!

I know you were all missing my daily recipe yesterday, hopefully noone has gone hungry overnight as a result.  I was too busy being pissed off after having my wallet stolen by a bunch of kids (from the Little Princess's stroller!) while out picking up the dry cleaning.  By the time I got home, my neighbour was arriving at my house with the remnants of my wallet, as he'd seen what had happened from an upstairs window and had managed to photograph the kids and eventually follow them to a nearby address, which he could then give the police.  God Bless nosy, interfering, retired neighbours!

The upsetting part was not the better part of an afternoon wasted having to cancel my bank cards (another day I will rant about the fact that when you call banks' lost/stolen cards line, the first thing you hear is "please enter the 16 digit number on the front of your card" AGGHHHH) but the fact the future ASBO holders of Britain took the Little Princess's first passport picture, taken when she was two weeks old. 

Anyway, I'm off to cancel my library card before someone does something unthinkable like try to borrow Katie Price's autobiography from the local branch and people will think it was ME reading it.  The horror.  Then I'm off to join the local Bring Back the Death Penalty and I'm All for Public Stoning campaigns.

Oh yes, and why have I titled this post ...and Happy Anniversary? Because today is my five year anniversary of living in the UK.  Five years and THREE police reports...THREE more than 4 years of living in Mexico City, apparently "the most dangerous city in the world."

Healthy recipe, gym and Little Princess updates coming soon.....

No comments: