Monday 9 August 2010

The Joys of Juicing - today's healthy recipe - Cellulite Eliminator Juice

This post is prompted by me noticing that my favourite appliance of all time, my Phillips Juicer, is £28 off at Argos, down from £94.99 to £66.59 (and no, I'm not being paid or rewarded in any way to mention any of this, I really do love it).  I got it when I was in the first few weeks of pregnancy last year, as my cravings were cantaloupe juice, cantaloupe juice, and more cantaloupe juice.  I know, sounds great, but that soon gave way to chocolate cravings that I'm hoping will pass soon, considering the fact that I gave birth 10 months ago.

When I bought the juicer it came with Jason Vale's (aka the Juice Master) book Over 100 Delicious Juices and Smoothies Keeping it Simple, which is a fabulous book.  Now, I thought the juicer looked a bit big and scary when I got it, but it's actually very easy to use and clean.  That says a lot coming from me, as I can barely change the batteries in the remote control and have yet to learn how to use the DVD player.

Today I am going to try the juice "cellulite eliminator"....gasp...could there really be such a thing?! Sounds about as believable as finding David Beckham in my bed on a Saturday morning.  Well, there was that one weekend in Madrid but I'm not supposed to talk about that.  The recipe is simple... 1 apple, 1 pear, 1/2 pink grapefruit, 2 sticks of celery, a few mint leaves and 4 ice cubes.  Juice everything except the mint, which you chop and sprinkle on top of the juice once you've poured it into the glass.

I will report back tomorrow.  And maybe even post a picture of my thighs...not to scare you all of course, because by then they will be fabulous and cellulite free ;-) 

This is the juicer I'm talking about in case anyone's looking to get one:
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=PHILLIPS+JUICER

Happy Monday!

No comments: